Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Damn you Greta! Damn you!!!

Have you ever have one of those projects that you didn't quite finish, but think... if you only gave it that extra couple hours, it would be amazing? In this instance, it was a 3d model, and the character even had a name.

Simply...

Greta.

Now usually, I would find that name completely unattractive and boring, but this concept made it so fascinating and elegant. Check it out...



These concepts were such a strong source of inspiration, I could just see the polygons forming in my head and the rendered pose was envisioned even before I fired up 3dstudio. (Andy Cotnam did the concepts that I'm speaking about, check out his amazing work here.) I was so motivated that this was going to be an amazing model, and that nothing was going to get in the way of its completion.

But something did. (I won't get into that, it's not important to this story, so back to Greta.)
With each month (or year) that went by, the feelings just got stronger and stronger. I remembered it as THE best thing that I ever did, but it wasn't quite finished yet and only would need a couple more solid hours to finish up. I would constantly have it in the back of my head telling myself to get back to it, and finish it up... but I only wanted to do it when I would be able to finish it, and the timing was never quite right.

Well, now seemed like as good a time as any, and I just reopened this file after it being on the proverbial shelf for too long, way too long.

Oh Greta... how deceptive you are.


So, as you can see, I really have my work cut out for me on this one, but I really do love the concept and owe it to Andy (and Greta) to get it done. So more coming on this over the next couple of days/weeks.


Stay Tuned
-kube-

No comments: