Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This one's for you Cots!

Finally done. I'm not going to say much this time since I actually got pictures to post! This was a lot of fun, and even though I wanted to do some more with it in zBrush... which never happened (Damn you dense mesh!), I'm pretty happy with how she finally turned out.Thanks again to Andy Cotnam for the great, and inspiring concepts.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

So Close.

So after I finished my Clash of the Titans submission, I've had some more time to spend on getting Greta a bit closer to completion. I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out, but it hasn't been without its share of problems. I wanted to get her to a certain point so that I could take it to zBrush for detailing, unfortunately, I did too much modeling in 3dsmax and when I took it into zBrush it was very difficult to mess with. I was having problems no matter what I tried to do, model, texture, masking selections, it was everything. I thought I was doomed, and this project would never find the finish line. So I took a step back, and I went back into Max and did some more detailing in there. I added stitch lines, and more detail into the mesh to get her to this state.

So I'm thinking the next post will be the last one for Greta. I HOPE! I look to have some materials on the model, and I will try to pose her. But the mesh has gotten pretty dense, so I hope it's not too much of a problem.
See ya next time.


Friday, August 7, 2009

Detour Ahead!

So my feverish pace is starting to slow even more on Greta :( But she’s continues to get closer and closer. But I do have some great excuses:

1. I was on a great, much needed, vacation with the entire family (13 of us fit into a beach house! It was a very quiet, relaxing vacation. Well not really, but it was a lot of fun, and the kids loved it.)

2. I had another project that I was working on that I had to complete for a Robot Blog theme. You can check it out here.

We wanted to start doing themes as an art department to help focus some efforts into getting some more content on our art blog, Art-Bot Central. So the first theme was 'Clash of the Titans'. I wanted to continue working in Max, so I chose to do a 3d bust of a stylized Perseus.
Here is the final version here:

I also posted a progress shot on Art-Bot Central, so check it out.

Until my next post,
when I will most likely have more excuses,