Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Way behind on the updates

I did this piece a while back for a 'Fantasy Theme' on our Art Bot Central blog over at robotentertainment.com Before I got into game art, I was fascinated by comic books and Dungeons and Dragons. I forced my will all throughout my graphic design courses in college to find ways to incorporate superheroes and monsters when I was supposed to doing corporate advertisements and company logos. It was more import to me to dram what I was passionate about, rather than listen to me teachers. Thankfully, I'm in a good career because of it. With this piece in particular, I wanted to do a piece inspired by the countless hours that I played World of WarCraft a couple years back. While exploring ideas in my thumbnail process, I got an idea to portray a thief about to exit a tunnel after a successful looting run, but an angry ogre stands in her way. Hope you like it, -kube

No comments: